Monday, October 25, 2010

Light Inspiration Board

This was the photograph I originally took as the inspiration for my light board.

Starting the process I went through many ideas of how to create my board, many trials and errors.
Using a glue gun and acrylic paints as well as popsicle sticks I created my light board.

This was the final product of my hard work.  Taking the popsicle sticks I cut the ends off and painted them to look like window blinds.  Then using cotton I created a 3-D effect making my blinds look realistic and project from the board.  I then used a plastic water bottle to do my abstract model of the original glass mosaic container.  Cutting the plastic bottle to create a vortex like appearance that the light gives off within the original photo.  I also painted it with warm colors that were found within the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment